The J.A. Walters YMCA offers an intensive, 3-day lifeguard certification course scheduled over one weekend or multiple days coinciding with school break weeks. Our program is led by certified lifeguard instructors. Students get hands-on training (in the pool), with practical experience in essential lifeguard skills.
A hands-on and proactive approach to lifeguard training, the YMCA Lifeguard Training Program is a single, integrated curriculum that successfully trains lifeguards through proven training methods and state-of-the-art lifeguard rescue skills. The course includes lifeguard rescue skills, First Aid, CPR for Professional Rescuers, Emergency Oxygen Support and Automated External Defibrillation.
Certifications With The Class:
• YMCA Lifeguard V6 Certification
• ASHI CPR Pro for the Professional Rescuer (CPR Pro), includes adults, children, and infants
• ASHI Basic First Aid
• ASHI Emergency Oxygen Administration
• ASHI Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
• Cost $200.00
• Class are from 9 AM – 5 PM
Upcoming Session Dates:
• September 13: 6 PM – 9 PM
• September 14: 9 AM – 5 PM
• September 15: 1 PM – 5 PM
*Must attend all three days for each different session.
• Minimum age of 16 by the last day of the scheduled course. Those under the age of 18 must have parental consent to participate in the course.
• Pass the Physical Competency Swim Test
• Complete Online courses assigned on the first day of class as well as 100% in-class participation
• You learn valuable lifesaving skills from the national organization that sets the standard for safe and effective lifeguarding.
• You will receive study materials and flowcharts prior to the start of the class.
• Your Lifeguard Certification allows you to apply for lifeguard jobs as a fully certified lifeguard.
• You can become a lifeguard in under a week!
What you need to bring:
• Bathing suit
• Some food–lunch and maybe a snack
Lindsey Alexander ([email protected])
Register online below, or in person at our J.A. Walters facility.